In this sort of layout, the toilet is placed away from the walls, towards the centre of the room.
This means there is space either side of the toilet, which makes it suitable for users who need the assistance of carers. A standard manual toilet or automatic wash-and-dry toilet (not a requirement of Changing Places) may be provided.
Drop down wall fixed grab rails may be required to provide support for other users, or to provide support while someone is seated on the toilet.
- Allows space for carers to stand on either or both sides of toilet
- The toilet can be positioned to allow wheelchair transfers from either side
- The user may be unable to reach standard basin from the toilet
Always get good advice!
Your planned toilet is unique. Good planning and advice will help you:
- choose the best equipment
- ensure that it meets your individual needs
- ensure that what you choose works well in the appropriate layout